19.8.12

Eid-ul-Fitr 2012

Ramdan is over and now eid is also over. Back to the normal schedule - office hours are till evening unlike in Ramadan when you have to work only till noon. I've to cook breakfast and lunch separately when in ramadan I cooked for iftar, dinner and shuhoor at one time. Sometimes I feel that was easier. All your cooking for the day is completed within a few hours.
Eid dress.
Well coming back to eid, we went for the eid prayer in a nearby school. By the time we reached the school, it was time for prayer and the roads were blocked with the traffic. I stepped out of the car and walked across the road ( in dubai, you can never do it on a normal day) among the cars. It was really fun to break the rules. I met our family friend on the way. After the prayers, I met some of my ex-classmates (my 12th grade classmates whom I have not seen for years) and I was really happy to see them. Now this is the spirit of eid - celebration with family and friends. Aisha was not that happy, she was hungry and sleep deprived!
After prayers we went to meet my sis-in-law and had our breakfast from their home. Lunch was at another relative's house.
In the evening we drove to Hubby's cousin's home, from where I met another friend whom I was seeing after 12 years. We had lots to say and so little time. She was a very good friend of me. We promised to exchange the rest of our stories through phone before we said goodbye.
It was almost 1 am when our day ended - happily with the smiles and hugs of my friends and family.
Going to meet her relatives.
With her eid gift - tablet.


No comments :