To Dubai.

All set up for the trip.
We (myself, FIL, MIL and Aisha) started at 2 pm from hubby's home, after lunch. I didn't take my lunch as usual, while going long distances. After a one hour drive, we stooped at my home to say good-bye to my mom and dad. From there to my maternal home, to meet my granny, aunties, uncles and cousin. We spent one hour there, changing and feeding Aisha. I gave her an egg yolk, which was a big mistake. The flight was at 9 pm, so we have to reach airport at 6 pm. So we departed from there at 4:45 pm. On our way to Calicut Airport, we got into a big traffic block at Kondotty. The one hour drive to the airport thus took 1 and half hour to reach there. The moment we reached airport, Aisha started vomiting. She vomited four or five times and we had to call a doctor. He checked her, and suggested taking an injection if she vomits again. Thank God, she didn't vomit after that. Thanks to the 'Swagat Sewa' in the Airport, I didn't have to worry about checking in and all other formalities. The staff of the Swagat Sewa ( = welcome service in Malayalam) filled up the forms, helped in screening the luggages etc. Special thanks to Emirates Airline staff too for giving me a front seat. At the emigration queue, the lady infront asked me to go straight to the counter. A big thanks to her too.
At the lounge, I went to the child care room to feed Aisha. There were a lot of Moms, and we shared our experiences as Moms. There was a bed and a cradle in the room, a thumbs up for the airport staff and a thumbs down to the airport staff for not putting an extra counter at emigration, screening and security check for families with babies. With the family first rule of the Emirates Airlines, I was the first one to get into the aircraft. Aisha was a little annoyed at having to sit for a long time, and she cried during taking off and landing. After take off, she slept. The air-hostess provided a bassinet and a blanket for Aisha. Aisha slept till we reached Dubai International Airport, DIA.
Our arrival time was 11:50 pm (UAE time). I got a stroller for Aisha and as soon as I put her in it, she woke up.  She was very excited and ebullient, shouting and cooing at the people around. I think the lights and reflective pillars of the airport fascinated her. Within half an hour we got out of the airport. DH was waiting for us. Aisha was happy to see him, she laughed and jumped at him. I was a little tensed about it, if Aisha didn't got familiar with her dad, baba, chachi and deedi, I would have been in trouble. But she never had any unfamiliarity. She mingled with them easily and joyfully. We reached home at 1 am.
It been around one year (15 days less) since I left this place, our home in Dubai. Hmmm... Nothing's changed. All I wanted was a cool place to sleep, but, first, I have to put Aisha to sleep. She played a little with her dad, baba and chahci (of course, Z deedi was sleeping) and then a bath and to sleep - between mom and dad!http://www.lucylovesaustralia.com/


Salma @ Chasing Rainbow said...

I am so happy that it went smoothly Najeeba. I received your email today, I will do a special post on Rainbows very soon, inshaAllah.

Salam alaikum

Um Zakarya said...

Assalamu Aleykum,

Alhamdulillah your journey wasn('t too bad.It reminded me of my trip from France to Pakistan.I was on my own, so I can just imagine how stressful it was to travel all this way with a baby!