1.2.12

Updates

Aisha still staggers when she walks. Although she hasn't become more sure on her feet, she tries to run the moment she stands. The result will be a slip and fall. Sometimes, when she is walking in our compound, she falls and hurts herself. Once she had bruises on her knee. She never cried though. 
Ummee's little girl is brave and bold! Well, not really. When she wants us to take her, attract us or when she is in a bad mood, she just drops down, imitating a fall, and then cries. 

 The furniture of our home has become alive, no they don't reproduce or consume anything, but they have started moving. The chairs and stool are no longer where we put them. With prankish kids, I wonder if there will be anything in your home that sits idle!


Giving water to her teddy.
Updates:

  • Aisha says tu-ttu-tty for a butterfly, aaa-iii-aaa for Aisha and daa-daa for Daddy, her granddad.
  • She has got her third teeth popping out. More pain for Mamma during the feeds.
  • Aisha can act sneezing, yawning, blowing her nose and catching a mosquito.
  • Aisha prostrates, folds her arms in takbir and moves her lips as if making a dua while I'm praying.
  • Aisha loves to eat alone, creating a big mess for Mamma to clean.
  • She can enact many nursery rhymes, both English and Malayalam. 'Chubby cheeks' is her favorite.
  • When asked, "where is Aisha?" she points to herself.
  • She knows she should wear a shoe to go out. She points to her shoes, making it clear that she wants to go outdoors.
  • She loves to help Mamma in kitchen- she wants the spoon to stir, the knife to cut veggies and she loves the serving part.
  • She doesn't like her toys for more than a couple of minutes.
  • She reads the A in her alphabet book.
  • She can lock a door using a sliding bolt lock - one day she locked Mamma out!
Potty training during night is not working for Aisha now. She never used to wet her bed except when she was sick, but now everything has changed. She pees in her sleep. Earlier, I used to put her on a potty during her sleep, but now she screams aloud. For a few days I tried holding her above a basin, in my hands, when she pees, but that didn't work fine. Sometimes I got all wet, and sometimes even the bed got messed up. So I stopped taking her to pee. Now she pees in her sleep, on her bed-sheet and the waterproof sheet under it. I have to change her pyjamas and the sheets at night and wash her sheets everyday. I don't why these changes are happening.
Aisha has also started eating veggies, fish, egg and chicken again, alhamdulillah. She crossed out all of these fro her menu some few months back, when she got fever for the first time. I believe everything is going to get better, and hope she gains some weight too.
Thats all for now. Wish you all a very happy week and weekend. I don't know when I'll put my next post - may be some 2 or three weeks later. Till then, good bye.
(Please forgive the spelling mistakes in my posts, if there are any, my eyes are half closed and my brain is on low battery - its 3 am!)

2 comments :

sunny said...

thanks for sharing that post,Aisha is really cute and intelligent.

Chasing Rainbow said...

I cannot believe how fast the little ones learn. I especially like the prostrating bit, there is no doubt that they learn from us.

I cannot believe she didn't cry when she hurt her knee. Rainbow cries if we look at him in a mean way, lol.

I totally understand about the spelling mistakes. I am always tired. Take care, and I hope, inshaAllah you get some rest.

Salam!