26.5.12

Back to Dubai.



This was Aisha’s third long distance journey in the past year, and we were going back to Dubai. We booked our tickets on the RAK airways, to Ras-Al-Khaimah, an Emirate in UAE. The flight was scheduled at 3:45 am (Indian time), and so we started from our home at 10 p.m., reached at my home at 11 pm, and then started off again at 11:30 pm. Aisha slept almost throughout the journey, waking up only to say goodbye to my parents, brothers, niece and nephew and SIL. The check-in service providers at the airport helped me with the check-in, doing all the scanning, fill-ups and luggage check-in. Thanks a lot to them. Aisha was with my Father-in-Law, sleeping soundly. After saying good-bye to him, I took Aisha and we proceeded towards the immigration and security check. I was longing to take some rest and put the sleeping Aisha on the bed in the lounge, when Aisha woke up! No more rest. I was wondering how did she come to know that I was going to put her down.
At the airport.

Munching the biscuits.

It was around 2 am and Aisha was all fresh and fervent. She ate the rice pancakes and biscuits I had packed for her. With her stomach full, she started running through the aisles. I had a difficult time, as I was sleep deprived and had a slight headache. Aisha, however, enjoyed the time, watching the fishes in the aquarium, waving at the people who passed by her (did I tell you she was scared of strangers? Well, not now) and window-shopping. The flight was delayed by one hour because of the bad weather conditions in UAE, and it was 4:40 when we finally took off. By the time Aisha also got tired and bored with the long stay at the airport, and slept even before the plane took off. She slept through out the journey.
It was around 7 am (UAE time) when we reached UAE. No wonder the flight got delayed; the airport was situated at the center of a desert and even a slight breeze would make the place dusty making it difficult to see. I almost slept the entire journey, waking up only for the breakfast. I kept aside the croissant they provided, for Aisha, but then I slept and when they took off the food, they took the croissant with it. When I woke up, it was gone. Aisha woke up before the landing, and she was hungry. I gave her the few pieces of biscuits I have packed, but she wanted more. She started whimpering. I called hubby and asked him to buy some biscuits for her.
The airport was a small one, compared to the Dubai airport where we had to walk miles to reach the exit. We quickly got out of the airport and into hubby’s car. My Brother-in-law, co-sister and niece in law, Z, were there to welcome us back. Aisha ate the almond-honey flakes brought for Z. After breakfast at my SIL’s home, we reached our home at around 10 am. I bathed Aisha and put her to sleep. Well, Aisha was all surprised and confused when she found Dad sleeping with us as it was only Aisha and Mom for the past six months.
Dubai - Walk with daddy.

No comments :