20.9.12

Conversations.


I always use the phrase ‘I’ll give you something else’ while communicating with Aisha. It often comes out, like when she is not eating her food, I allure her by saying, “After your food and I’ll give you something special.” Or when she is fighting for a toy with her cousin, I’ll distract her from it by saying, “Aisha here is something else for you.” And yesterday, it hit me back.
Aisha was playing with her doll and I asked her to give me the doll.
Aisha : No.
Me     : But I want the doll.
Aisha : No
(I acted crying)
Aisha : Mom, I’ll give you something else.
Me     : ?!!!!
 ******
                               
One day, while I was busy cooking, Aisha came to me and said, “Aisha poo.” I just didn't listen to her. She sometimes says ‘poo’ or ‘pee’ to get my attraction. For my sake, I decided this was one of those moments. She repeated it 2 or 3 times and went away. A few seconds later, hubby called me to say Aisha has pooed in her panties. I quickly take her to the washroom, when she says, “Aisha said Aisha has to poo.”(You didn't listen to me!)
******
I’m busy washing the dress when I suddenly notice that the house has gone silent. My instincts tell me trouble is on the way. I call out, “Aisha… what are you doing?”
Aisha : I am doing nothing, Mom.
Relaxed I resume washing but silence for a couple of minutes more makes me nervous again.
Me    : AISHA….Where are you… What are you doing…
Aisha: I’m doing nothing.
The pin drop silence made me pause my work and tiptoe to the hall, to find Aisha in the middle of a pool with wet newspapers, tissues, spoons, vessels and clothes surrounding her! The water jug lays empty on the floor. And she said she was doing NOTHING!!

 ******                        
Aisha :Mom, Aisha fell and got hurt.
Me     :Where, dear.
Aisha :Here.
(She points to her bruise and I give her a kiss on it.)
Me     :It is all gone now.

A few days later, I cut my hand with the knife. I tell hubby I have hurt my finger. Aisha comes to me and asks, “Where, Mom?” I show her the cut. She kisses on it and says, “Its all gone now, Mom!” Well, the cut hurt less after the kiss and I felt lot better! I think the medicine should introduce the kiss-therapy for pain relieving. 

Some PS brushes used to change the background... I couldn't show the messed up room behind her.

1 comment :

Jellybeans said...

I'm waiting for the chatter to start here. Loved the post, Najeeba.