23.12.12

So many weddings - I


Christmas time means wedding time. With the long vacation and the cooler climate, people tend to put their weddings during this time of the year. We had some four marriages, but due to Aisha's fever, I was only able to attend three of them.

Wedding Eve.
The first wedding was my cousin sister's. We went to the bride's home on the eve of the wedding, and Aisha and myself spent the night there. I wanted to stay with my Grandma for the night. Aisha played with the kids, most of them my cousins and some of them my nieces and nephews. She was tired and went to bed earlier than usual.
In the morning, Aisha surprised me by having Paratha for breakfast. I have never seen her eat Paratha until now. She never liked it. When she saw the kids eating it, she fell in love with it. My aunties made fun of me when they saw Aisha eating the Paratha, after I have explained to them that she don't like it.
Wedding day.
Aisha has become more friendly towards kids. She is not afraid of people with whom I interact often, my cousin sisters and aunties. When she saw my FIL, her grandpa at the function, she immediately jumped to him. I was happy to see her gone with someone else and I came to chat with my relatives. And then I had a shock - something that I'll never forget my entire life.
My FIL called me to ask me if Aisha is with me. I said no, and he said that Aisha is also not with him. It seems someone called him and when he was talking to the person, he asked my brother to look after Aisha. Aisha came inside, and since men are not allowed inside, my brother stayed outside. He thought Aisha has come to me, while actually Aisha was playing with one of the kids. I started looking for Aisha all around the place, in the garden and in the neighboring houses. The marriage event was spread in three of my uncles houses, and I ran to all three. I was scared to death - I looked up and down the road doubting if some one has kidnapped her, God forbid! I felt horror and sorrow finding its way up to my throat. I felt tired and weak, but couldn't rest. I don't know what all feelings passed through me during those couple of minutes when Aisha went missing. And then suddenly my SIL came to me holding Aisha, saying that she was playing! Alhamdulillah... Alhamadulillah a hundred thousand times... and more!!

No comments :