1.10.12

23rd Month Updates.


How fast the days are flying and Aisha is just one month away from her 2nd birthday. She has grown up a lot, Masha Allah. She has started to teach me. I like it to learn from her. Wow, I never imagined this would be happening. I am so happy to have her near me, Alhamdulillah.
Aisha speaks two to three worded sentences now, a lot of Malayalam and a little English. She can narrate an incident with simple sentences. She understands almost everything we say to her in both Malayalam and English. She also understands everything she sees on a TV, which means we have to be careful while watching it. She loves action thrillers and tries to imitate them and so we don’t watch such shows now. She also knows the difference between cartoons, rhymes and films.
Shopping has become more difficult now, as she won’t sit in her stroller anymore. She likes to walk down the aisles, pick up the items and shout, “Mamma, look at this”. The entire shop will turn to look at me! Earlier I used to frighten her saying that the salesman uncle will scold her, but now she knows they won’t and she tells me, ‘NO’. Well, she knows the only persons who scold her are her dad and baba (dad’s brother), so she only listens to them. But she loves her dad so much that she sometimes cries asking to see him when he is at his work.
Another phrase that she loves so much that irritates me is, “I want to do it alone!” She uses it everywhere, while brushing, bathing, eating drinking, dressing and lots. I know she wants to become independent, but at times when I’m in a hurry, I lose my patience. I hate it when she spills the meal on the floor I have just moped. I know kids should be given their freedom, but when I weigh the trouble of cleaning the floor with Aisha’s want for independence, I decide to take the control. Independence is something the ruled loves and rulers hate.
Aisha has also started eating non-veg foodies since past 4 to 5 months. She was a pure vegetarian till I came back to Dubai. I’m happy to see the change but a little worried if she will turn into a pure non-vegetarian now.
Aisha likes to play with other children and get excited when he sees kids of her age. She loves her cousins but sometimes gets very possessive which takes the fun out of the play.  She has also learned the use of chairs – push it and climb on it to the unreachable places. Now we have moved our ‘keep out of reach of children’ items to the top of the shelf or into locked drawers. The only trouble is with the gas stove in our kitchen, which we can neither keep high nor keep locked somewhere!
For her motor developments – she can climb and slide now. She also came to know that she can play trampoline on the sofa although it drives her dad mad. It’s a climbing game for her – from sofa table to sofa to chair to table. I wish I could also join her in the fun, but my age doesn’t permit me.
So these are the milestones of my little princess who is going to be two next month. Waiting impatiently for the big day…

No comments :