5.9.11

A for Allah...

... and M for Muslimah.
Eid is over, and so is the short vacation. Aisha is getting used to the normal days now, with some difficulty. The main problem is the sleeping time, she doesn't want to sleep at 9 or 10 pm now. Day before yesterday, I took her to sleep at 10 pm. She was making a lot of trouble and not allowing her Dad to sleep. So I took her back and she went on to play till 12 am. She slept till 12:30 pm, waking in between for her feeds. Yesterday, Alhamdulillah, she slept by 11 pm. Her eating habits have also improved.
There are some wonderful updates too.
 I think Aisha has started saying the word 'Allah' now, or she says something that sounds like Allah. I am sooooooo happy. I think that's her first word. When we repeat "Allah", she also repeats it. I think I will be able to capture a video soon and share it with you.
Aisha extends her hand if we say 'Assalamu alaikum' (Peace be upon you) to her. I don't know if she will give a shake hand to strangers, I haven't tried yet. But to her Mom and Dad, she certainly gives a shake hand.
When she sneezes, she waits for us to say 'Alhamdulillah' (Praise be to Allah). She listens to it, and then smiles. She knows that there is something to be said after sneezing - and she loves to hear 'Alhamdulillah'.
Growing into a pious Muslimah? Alhamdulillah.
Aisha can point to her eye, when we ask her 'where are your eyes'. I told you about her kiss, right?
She knows her Dad is at home, even if he locks himself in a room. Earlier Dad used to study by locking himself in, but now he can't do it. Aisha knows he is in the room, and she bangs the door! So, Dad's studying to do the multitasking - study and baby sit at the same time. Mom's waiting to see how successful this is going to be.
She also enjoys a game of peek-a-boo. When playing hide ans seek, she hides her face on to something when I say 'hide' and turns laughing when I say 'seek'.

5 comments :

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Masha Allah ,your angle is growing up. Cutest pic ever ..muah.

Amalia said...

Mash'allah that's a great first word.
It is so fun when they begin to understand things and anticipate what is coming next.
We are also having sleep issues right now and I am exhausted.
Hope Aisha settles down quickly :Xx

Najeeba said...

Salam Dear Amalia,
I would love to read your blog, but I don't have access to it. I love Egypt a lot (insha Allah I hope I can walk thru the streets of cairo, stroll around the corridors of Azhar and watch at the pyramids at sunset) and so I used to get into your blog very often, it was like hearing Egypt. Its ok if you have made it very private, but if you don't mind me reading it, please send me the invitation. Thankyou.

Anonymous said...

Yep! Our kids find it very easy very early on to say the beautiful name 'Allah'. All of mine said it
when soo young and mashaAllah like your daughter when sneezing or when I said it prompting them to so so to. . It just rolls off their tongue. May Allah protect them and bless them ameen

dilshad raihan said...

suprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

plz avoid word varification